Are you already feeling the power of the upcoming Full Moon? If so, regardless of the sign you were born under, you can harness Virgo’s energy to break free from anything holding you back. Virgo Sun, Moon and Rising may feel this energy more intensely than others.
The Full Moon in Virgo on March 6-7 is an excellent time to release any rigid expectations you have of yourself and others and to shed old patterns that no longer serve you. It is a powerful time to release any unnecessary worry or anxiety that is blocking you from living your best life.
Virgo energy is known for its analytical, detail-oriented, and practical nature. However, these traits can also lead to perfectionism and self-criticism, which may mean you miss out on opportunities or take on too much stress.
By taking the opportunity to reflect and purge what is no longer needed during this phase, you can set yourself up for greater success and fulfilment in the future.
Here are some things to consider letting go of before, during and after the Virgo Full Moon:
- Perfectionism: Virgo is known for its meticulous attention to detail, which can sometimes turn into an obsession with perfection. However, perfectionism can be paralyzing and prevent you from taking action. Consider letting go of the need for everything to be flawless and instead focus on progression over perfection.
- Negative self-talk: Virgo energy can also bring up your inner critic, leading to negative self-talk. Pay attention to any self-sabotaging thoughts and try to reframe them in a more positive light.
- Clutter: Virgo loves order, organization, and cleanliness so use this Full Moon to declutter your physical space and let go of anything that no longer serves a purpose or brings you joy.
- Overthinking: Virgo energy can sometimes lead to analysis paralysis, where you may overthink and get stuck in your head. Try to let go of any overthinking and trust your intuition instead.
- Unhealthy habits: Use this Full Moon as a time to begin to let go of any unhealthy habits you have been trying to quit.
- Avoidance or distraction – Become aware if you are using distractions to avoid dealing with problems or challenges.
- Self-criticism: Virgo’s critical nature can also turn inward, leading to self-criticism and harsh self-judgment. Use this Full Moon to release negative self-talk and embrace self-love and acceptance.
- Excessive Worry: Virgo’s attention to detail can sometimes lead to worry and anxiety. Release any worries or fears that may be holding you back and trust that everything will work out in due course.
- Overcommitting and spreading yourself too thin: This can lead to stress, burnout, and a lack of fulfilment.
- Procrastination: Virgo’s desire for perfection can sometimes lead to procrastination and avoidance. Let go of any tendencies to put things off and take action towards your goals and aspirations.
- Fear of failure or success: It’s natural to feel afraid of failure or success, but it’s important not to let fear hold you back.
- Limiting beliefs and self-sabotaging behaviors: Limiting and outdated beliefs can prevent us from pursuing goals and new opportunities.
- Resentment and grudge
Letting go of these things is a process, and it may not happen overnight. Be kind and patient with yourself, and trust that you are making progress towards a healthier, happier you.
Once you have your goal in mind, break it down into achievable, manageable steps. Practice self-awareness and pay attention to your thoughts and behaviors so that you notice when you’re engaging in self-sabotage or limiting beliefs. Acknowledge and celebrate your accomplishments, even if they are small. This will help build confidence and momentum towards your goals.
Letting go of something doesn’t necessarily mean forgetting or erasing it completely. It can mean releasing the negative emotions and energies associated with it, so that you can move forward with greater clarity and freedom.
Irrational thoughts, fears and criticisms can be a major barrier to personal growth and achievement, and can hold you back from pursuing your dreams and living a fulfilling life.
It’s essential to be honest with yourself about what’s holding you back from achieving your goals and living the life you want. Identifying your harmful and sabotaging thoughts and behaviors is the first step in releasing them. It can be challenging to recognize and acknowledge these patterns, but it’s crucial to be aware of them if you want to make positive changes.
Once you have identified your limiting beliefs, challenge them with positive affirmations and rational thinking. For example, if you have a belief that you’re not good enough to achieve your goals, replace that negative thought with a positive affirmation such as “I trust in my abilities and have faith in myself,” “I choose to focus on the positive and let go of negativity” or “I am worthy of success.” It’s also helpful to use rational thinking to counteract negative thoughts, such as asking yourself, “Is this thought based on facts, or is it just my fear talking?”
If you find yourself feeling overwhelmed by a need for perfectionism, take a step back and evaluate the situation objectively. Ask yourself if your expectations are reasonable and whether they align with your values and priorities. Letting go of negative thoughts, emotions, and behaviors is not always easy or quick, and it can take time, it is a process that requires patience, self-compassion, self-reflection and consistent effort. Remember to always be kind to yourself and practice self-compassion.
It is important to recognize that striving for perfection can often lead to unnecessary stress and disappointment. Instead, try focusing on progress and growth, and embrace the learning process that comes with making mistakes. Take a few minutes each day to reflect on the things in your life that you are grateful for. This can help shift your mindset towards a more positive outlook.
Breaking negative patterns and creating positive change takes time and effort, but it’s important to remember that even small steps make a big difference. By making even one small changes each day, you can gradually shift your mindset and behaviors towards a more positive, peaceful and harmonious life.
Writing Alex Myles